Cyprus will be ready reopen its doors to tourists from June 15 once the protocols for tourism are implemented, the Chairman of the House commerce committee said on Tuesday.
Cyprus hopes to recoup around 30 per cent of last year’s arrival numbers.
Tourism Minister Savvas Perdios said on Wednesday that he hoped the sector can resume operations by July but warned protective measures would have to remain in place as long as the coronavirus was around.
Perdios told private Alpha television that they
Exxon Mobil have informed the Cyprus government they will be delaying a planned drill in their block 10 concession in Cyprus’ Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), with other oil companies expected to do the same due to the ongoing coronavirus situation as well